Jan 30 2013
Seward County Community College/Area Technical School will be participating in The ‘National’ College Goal Sunday program. College Goal Sunday provides assistance to families who are applying for financial aid. Volunteers will assist individuals in filling out the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) from 2-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 24 in the SCCC/ATS library.
By delivering help to families in our community, College Goal Sunday helps ensure that students get the help they need crossing the paper barrier as they qualify for financial aid, said Donna Fisher, SCCC/ATS director of financial aid.
College Goal Sunday is open to all college-bound students regardless of age. Whether a prospective student is going to be a recent high school graduate or someone returning to education later in life, College Goal Sunday will help them complete the FAFSA, accurately and on time. A $500 scholarship will also be awarded to one student who will be a first semester freshman in the fall of 2013.
For information, contact Shannon Davis at 620-417-1113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For the 2013-14 school year you will need financial information from 2012. You may need to refer to:
• Your Social Security card. It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
• Your driver’s license (if any)
• Your 2012 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
• Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2012 Federal Income Tax Return.
IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ Foreign Tax Return, or Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
• Your Parents’ 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
• Your 2012 untaxed income records
• Your current bank statements
• Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
• Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)